Blithe and Salty™ education news, analysis and opinion with a UK focus. Delivered to your inbox once a fortnight.
- Stay current with public policy, reports and debates
- Institutional finance and the economics of education
- Book reviews, recommendations and online finds
- Recent tidbits from science, art, technology, maths, humanities and digital culture
- Occasional personal reflections, hobby-horses, gossip and axe-grinding
We oppose early specialization and narrow notions of science, technology, the arts and mathematics // We celebrate interdisciplinarity and innovation // We favour access to education for all who can benefit from it without financial impediment or disincentive // We seek out new approaches to education that actually work, and we defend old approaches that work too // We stand against closed shops, gatekeepers, old boys’ networks, junk research, pedagogic folklore and edtech boosterism // If you’re managing a seven-figure budget but can’t do percentages we’re coming after you.
The Bartlebooth Letter is written by Andrew McGettigan and Rich Cochrane.